DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Department of Management Studies was started in the year 2009 with a noble vision of imparting management education leading to an enriched holistic and wholesome personality that creates value for organization even while meeting the challenges of 21stcentury. We offer two-year full time PG programme in Business Administration. The department make incessant endeavor to create learning process in response to changing paradigms.
The department is enriched with highly qualified faculty members whoalways share their rich talent and professional experience for the programme. Moreover, services of eminent Guest faculties and Specialists from various reputed universities and institutions provide global exposure.
- Human Resource
Create effective and skilled managers to the corporate world by providing world class teaching and industrial exposure.
- To improve the overall result percentage in the university examinations.
- To improve the quality of students to match them with the current competitive world.
- To improve the interpersonal skills of the students to become a successful manager.
- To provide industrial visits, in plant-training and skill oriented classes for making the students aware of industrial environment.
- To identify the gap between the industry and students by implementing management oriented teaching methodologies.
- To improve the level of students' satisfaction by receiving feedback and redressing it.
|1||Dr.G. Arumugasamy||Professor & Head||Ph.D|
|2||R.Sam Renu||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|3||S.madhan Britto||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|4||S. Vasanthi||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|5||S. Nickson Raj||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|7||D.Diana Devi||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|8||Ammee Nesa Stella||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|10||Edwin Selvan||Assistant Professord||M.E|
|11||R.T.Ajith Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.E|
FACILITIES OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
A separate library exclusively for MBA contains,
- Above 1,500 volume of books.
- National and international Journals.
- Access to over 2,000 electronic journals.
- Digital contents.
- An array of multi-media tools.
- Cases and learning resources.
Computer lab is designed with the following features:
- We have a separate well equipped lab facility with on-line UPS.
- Fully net worked laboratories with high speed broadband connection.
- We provide internet facility to all our students which help them to know the latest changes in the market abreast.
- We have the following new version licensed softwares used in Data Analysis and Business Modeling Lab for improving the students' statistical and research knowledge.
- Microsoft Office
- IBM SPSS.
- SAP Business One.
We have a separate language lab for improving thestudent'scommunication skills and self-confidence. Thefollowing softwares are used in language lab.
- Interactive Teacher Control software
- English Language Lab Software
- Career Lab Software.
We have a well-furnished conference hall for our department, for the purpose of conducting guest lectures, seminars, and intercollege meet etc.
Guest Lecture program was conducted by MBA department on 9th August 2014, on the topic of On-Line Share Trading by Mr. R. Rajesh
ASSOCIATION OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The Department strives to provide professional, technical and career-specific educational programmes. It offers various association programs to the students which are designed to enhance institutional efficiency and effectiveness.
"POMAXSTRO", Association of Department of Management Studies was inaugurated on 20thDecember - 2010 by Dr. Dhomodharan, senior building Inspector, NLC, Neyveli. Many such programmes are conducted to improve the skills of students with the objective of equipping students to face the challenges and changes in the business environment.
- Domestic Enquiry by Dr. Damodharan, NLC, Neyveli on 16thNovember 2010.
- International Relationship for Better Performance by Dr. John Manoraj, Professor, IIPM Bangalore on 20thDecember 2010.
- Soft Skill for Managerial Excellence by Mr. Cyril Xavier, Sub- Divisional Engineer BSNL, Nagercoil on 28thFebruary 2011.
- Recent Trends in Advertising by Prof. SabuMangalaseri, Associate Professor, FISAT Business School, Cochin/Kerala on 28th March 2011.
- Personality Development by Prof. J. AronRakkesh, Placement Co-ordinater, Ponjesly College of Engineering, Nagercoil on 20th June 2012.
- Share Trading Activities by Dr. Naalyiram, Income Tax Consultancy, Chennai on 20th October 2012.
- Talent Management by Prof. Jesheela Francis, Vice President, Kodai International business School, Kodaikanal on 22nd October 2013.
- Two days Work Shop on Total Quality Management for Professional Excellence by Prof. Dr. Selvam, Placement Director, Ponjesly College of Engineering, Nagercoil on 20th June 2012 on 22nd& 23rd November 2013.
- Induction Programme.
- Programs to develop soft skills.
- Development of creativity and problem solving skills through structured training.
- Case studyanalysis trainings to stimulate real life business scenario.
- Regular industrial visit to expose students to the realities of corporate world.
- Regular debate to sharpen the understanding of current affairs and to develop discussion skills.
- Group discussions and brain storming session to equip the students with group behavior, team working skills and creativity.
ACHIEVEMENTS-MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Our MBA student Ms. S. SIVA SAKTHI, has obtained 10th Rank in Anna University, Tirunelveli.
- Our department head Mr. G. ARUMUGASAMY, has published E - Book entitled, A Study on Motivation and Job Satisfaction of Higher Secondary School Teachers.
- Effect of Occupational Stress on Executives Leadership Style – Indian Journal of Education and Management Vol. No. 3, March 2012.
- Preference of prepaid mobile service in Nagercoil Town – Indian Journal of Education and Management Vol. No. 4, April 2012.
- Corporate Success Mantra – Job Satisfaction – Indian Journal of Education and Management Vol. No. 4, April 2012.
- Two Wheeler – Blessing to Middle Class Consumers – Indian Journal of Education and Management Vol. No. 4, April 2012.
||NAME OF STUDENT
||NAME OF EVENT
|2014-2015||M. Mahesh||27.08.2014||Quiz||Noorul Islam University||SECOND(Rs.1000)|
|2014-2015||T. Ari||27.08.2014||Quiz||Noorul Islam University||SECOND(Rs.1000)|