Establishment of Innovation Cell
In the year 2018, the Ministry of Education (MoE) through MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) launched the Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) program in collaboration with AICTE for Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) to systematically foster the culture of innovation and start-up ecosystem in education institutions. Primarily, IICs’ role is to engage large number of faculty, students and staff in various innovation and entrepreneurship related activities such as ideation, Problem solving, Proof of Concept development, Design Thinking, IPR, project handling and management at Pre-incubation/Incubation stage, etc., so that innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem gets established and stabilized in HEIs. The IIC model is designed to address the existing challenges/issues in HEIs such as less numbers, occasional and unplanned Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) activities organised in HEIs with low involvement of top leadership, lack of coherence and absence of synergy in resource mobilization, deployment and underutilization of creative potential of youths as major barrier for vibrant I&E ecosystem to emerge from HEIs.
|Sl.No.||Name of Member||Designation||Position assigned|
|4.||G.Binil Manjush||Expert from near by Industry||External Member|
|5.||S.S.Smitha||Assistant Professor||Innovation Activity Coordinator|
|6.||T.Grace Berin||Assistant Professor||IPR Activity Coordinator|
|7.||Dr.R.Isaac Shajan||Vice Principal||NIRF Coordinator|
|8.||Dr.G.Sindhuja Michael||Professor||Internship Activity Coordinator|
|9.||T.Thirumoni||Assistant Professor||Start up Activity Coordinator|
|10.||L.Puhazhwin||Assistant Professor||Social Media Coordinator|
|17.||Prinu K Nair||Student/MBA||Member|
|23.||D.Irine Vijaya Lincy||Student/EEE||Member|
Functions of IIC
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.