DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
The Department of Automobile Engineering was established in the year 2013. It operates with well experienced faculty members, they are specialized in both industrial sector and teaching profession, which offers excellent intellectual ability and leadership qualities to perform the tasks effectively and efficiently. Our automobile department is committed to explode student knowledge and skill through various activities such as seminars on current trends and also permitted to present their research oriented paper in national as well as international level conferences. To enhance our students, we are providing hands on training in reputed industrial organization through intensive in plant training. Also we are assuring to make the dreams of the society to live by our students.
To become a premier department producing quality and vibrant engineers by holding ethical and moral values for serving diverse needs of our changing universe.
To provide quality education to develop engineers with application oriented knowledge and making them as multidiscipline leaders and technical managers for a global and diverse environment.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
To provide students with sound knowledge in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems and to equip them for higher studies and for their successful careers in automobile industry.
To impart students with knowledge, innovation and skills towards research and development of Automotive Systems and allied integrated systems of global standards. To impart knowledge on focusing emission standards in IC engines.
To enhance the values, skills, leadership, team spirit and professional ethics for comprehensive and wholesome personality and to promote entrepreneurial interest among students to compete globally.
- To impart knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamentals of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- An ability to develop and optimize design solutions for complex engineering problems.
- To impart research-based knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
- To impart knowledge of using latest Modeling and Analysis softwares.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- To understand the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and need for sustainable development.
- Apply professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice meet out to the global standards.
- To perform effectively as an individual as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings to sustain substantial development.
- To communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with technical community and society to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation.
- To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- To recognize the need to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|1||G.D.Wenish||Assistant Professor & Head||M.E.,(Ph.D)|
|2||M.L.Brabin Nivas||Assistant Professor||M.E.,(Ph.D)|
|3||S.Madhan Britto||Assistant Professor||M.E.,(Ph.D)|
|7||J. Sadeesh Bosco||Assistant Professor||M.E|
|9||P.Suresh Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.E.|
The automobile engineering department has well equipped laboratories enabling the students to apply and verify the fundamentals which they learned at the class rooms. Students claim a wide spread exposure and practical hands on training in the sophisticated equipments during their lab sessions.
The Automobile Department is well equipped with the following laboratory facilities.
- Automotive Engine and Chassis Components Laboratory
- Two and Three Wheeler Laboratory
- Automotive Electrical and electronics Laboratory
- Automotive Fuels and Lubricants Laboratory
- Automotive Engine Performance and Emission Testing
- CAD Laboratory
- Vehicle Maintenance Laboratory
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE AND CHASSIS COMPONENTS LAB
In the automotive engine components lab, students study the various engine components. The automotive chassis lab is equipped with heavy duty and light duty vehicles .The following components and systems are available for study:
- Heavy duty vehicle chassis frame
- Light duty vehicle chassis frame
- Multi cylinder petrol and diesel engines
- MPFI engine
- Petrol and Diesel fuel systems
- Different types of front axle and rear axle
- Differential unit
- Steering systems with different types of steering gear box
- Disc type and drum type hydraulic braking system
- Compressed air power braking systems
- Different types of clutch assemblies
- Different Gear Boxes
- Suspension systems
TWO AND THREE WHEELER LAB
The laboratory has various two wheelers and three wheelers to conduct all the tests specified in the curriculum of Anna University. The equipments available are:
- Two wheeler chassis dynamometer
- Coil spring test rig
- Chain tension test rig
- Shock absorber test rig
- Two-wheeler gearbox
- Two-wheeler clutch
- Three-wheeler brake assembly
- Three-wheeler steering assembly
- Three-wheeler gear box
AUTO ELECTRICAL LABORATORY
The department has well equipped Automotive Electrical Laboratory to facilitate the students to test the various components of Automobiles.
- Battery, hydrometer, voltage tester
- Starter motor, regulator, cut-out
- Distributor, ignition coil, spark plug
- Auto electrical wiring system
- Rectifiers, filters
- Bread board, Logic gates ICs
- IC timer
- Data logger
- 8085 trainer kit
- ADC interface board
- DAC interface board
- Sensors like RTD, Load cell, LVDT
- Actuators like stepper motor
AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS LABORATORY
The lab is equipped with all facilities to test fuel and lubricants as specified in the curriculum of Anna University. The following equipments are available:
- Flash and fire point apparatus (for petrol)
- Aniline point Apparatus
- Reid vapor pressure test Apparatus
- Bomb and Gas Calorimeters
- Carbon Residue Test Apparatus
- Copper Strip Corrosion Test Apparatus
- Cloud and Pour point Apparatus
- Redwood Viscometer
- Saybolt Viscometer
- ASTM distillation test Apparatus
- Ash content Test Apparatus
- Drop point and penetration Apparatus for grease
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE TESTING LAB
The Department has well established engine testing laboratory to carry out various performance and emission tests on Automotive Engines. The equipments available are:
- Hydraulic dynamometer
- Eddy current dynamometer
- Electrical dynamometer
- Single cylinder two stroke cut section engine
- Single cylinder four stroke cut section engine
- Two-wheeler engine test rig.
- Automotive multi cylinder SI engine test rig with heat balance arrangement
- Automotive multi cylinder CI engine test rig with heat balance arrangement
- Emission Measuring Instruments for Petrol & Diesel Engines
- Piezo-electric pick up, Charge Amplifier, Angle Encoder and PC
CAD/CAM facility caters to the training of our students in the usage of latest CAD and CAM software. The lab uses modelling software like AUTOCAD, PRO-E, ANSYS. CNC Trainer lathe and CNC milling trainer are also available. The offline simulation software certification courses are being run for students in PRO-E package by the in-house faculty. Desktop computers 35 Nos.
- I Year – Computer aided drafting and modeling laboratory
- II Yr. – Computer Aided Machine Drawing Laboratory
- III Yr.- Computer Aided Engine and Chassis Design Laboratory
- IV Yr. – Project Work
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE LAB
The lab is equipped with the following equipments needed to study engine reconditioning and vehicle maintenance:
- Engine Analyzer
- Cylinder compression pressure gauge
- Vacuum gauge
- Spark plug cleaner and tester
- Cam angle and rpm tester
- Wheel alignment apparatus
- Gas welding equipment
- Tyre remover
- Bearing puller
- Head light alignment gauge
- Service manuals of petrol, diesel engines
- Cylinder reboring machine
- Valve grinding machine
- Valve lapping machine
- Fuel injection calibration test bench with nozzle tester
- HRD tester, Clamp on meter, Hydrometer
The first national level technical symposium “AUTOMONTEUR 2K15” was organized by the Dept. of Automobile Engineering and held on 10.09.2015.
It was started by 9.15am along with a prayer song. Head of the Department Mr.G.D.Wenish M.E.,(Ph.D) had delivered welcome speech on account of the presence of our chief guest Dr.V.Nagarajan, HOD/Prof. University College of Engineering , Nagercoil, Mr. Leo Bright Singh, Asst.Prof, Dept. Mech.Engg, MECE, Elavuvilai, the principal and the Director of our college on the dais.
Our principal Dr.K.Maniysundar had given presidential address and pointed out the importance and the scope for Automobile Engineering in future and made awareness among the students. Our director Prof.S.Arulson Daniel had recorded a special speech about the symposium and highlighted the significance and necessity of this kind of technical symposiums.
Our chief guest Dr.Nagarajan had proposed the felicitation speech, and elaborated, how far the participation and updating of knowledge of the student in technical symposiums will motivate and greatly helpful for business development of our Nation. Also he had pointed out that each and every student must fix his goal in the highest level, whether it is achievable or not, and how to come out from the barriers in achieving the goal through an incident occurred in the life of our former president Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam. Really it was wonderful, amazing and very much useful for the students.
Mr. Leo Bright Singh was appointed as the chair person for the paper presentation session. Apart from that, various events were conducted including technical quiz, two wheeler trouble shooting and CAD modeling. Students were actively participated in all the events very interestingly and won many prizes.
The valedictory address was delivered by our chief guest Mr. Saravanan (Asst.Prof, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University college of Engineering, Nagercoil) . He revealed the importance of engineering subjects and the fundamentals they dealt with in the innovation of current technologies. Also he had distributed the certificates to all the participants and prizes to the winners of the competition.
he Vote of thanks was proposed by Mr.S.Madhan Britto (Asst. Prof. Dept. of Automobile Engineering) and the programme was successfully came to an end with the National anthem.
2016 – 2017 ACHIEVEMENTS
|S.No||Name of the Student||Date||Event||Organized by||Award|
|1||A.Aananth Roshan||01-06-2017||Lathe Master||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||II|
|2||A.Aananth Roshan||01-05-2017||Paper Presentation||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||III|
|3||M.Ranjith Kumar Babu||01-04-2017||Lathe Master||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||III|
|4||M.Ranjith Kumar Babu||01-03-2017||Cad Modelling||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||II|
|5||M.Ranjith Kumar Babu||01-03-2017||Paper Presentation||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||III|
|6||N.Surya||01-03-2017||Cad Modelling||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||II|
|7||N.Surya||01-03-2017||Technical Quiz||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||II|
|8||N.Surya||01-03-2017||Paper Presentation||Annai Velankanni College of Engineering||II|
|9||K.P.Aravinth||30-03-2016||Paper Presentation||Sivaji College of Engineering and Technology||III|
|S.No.||NAME OF STUDENT||COMPANY NAME|
|1||G. ANTAN NISHANTH||CAPARO ENGINEERING|
|4||SHIJIN JOSE POVATIL|
|12||R.JENIN JOSE||VALEO INDIA (P) LTD|
|14||GANESH.S.P||MYOUNG SUNG AUTOMOTIVE|