Establishment of Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPRC)
The Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPR Cell) at PONJESLY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING provides guidance, support and resources to all Ponjesly personnel and facilitates protection and deployment of their inventions.
- IPR cell shall guide and help the faculty members and students in patentability assessment and to apply for various IPRs such as Invention(s), Designs, Integrated Circuit Layouts and other creative works.
- The faculty members /students desirous of filing a patent or for any other IPR application would be given the necessary advice and guidance by the IPR cell.
- An internal approval from the Principal wherein the names of the Inventors/Authors shall be mentioned is to be signed by the Principal and forwarded by the HOD for approval of the Chair person of IPR Cell.
- Invention Patent /Trademark and similar documents are to be treated and maintained confidentially by the IPR Cell.
- The IPR cell shall help the inventor in drafting the patent application/ or any other IPR application and filling of relevant forms.
- The draft application along with the relevant forms shall be forwarded to the concerned agency/authority by the IPR cell.
- The IPR Cell shall correspond with the authority/agency and the inventors on IP matters.
- The inventors would be required to cooperate with the IPR cell to expedite furnishing of information for timely actions since delay would mean payment of extra fee to the patent office.
- Any work sought to be filed by a faculty member and or student(s) arising out of R&D work done will be filed in joint names as inventors or authors shall be the applicant and owner of Intellectual Property (IP).
- After filing of the application for IP protection, the inventors shall inform the IPR cell of any further development, if any, in the related R & D work.
Head of the Institution has appointed Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPRC) on 04-01-2022 as follows:
|NAME OF THE PERSON
|Professor & Head/ ADS
|Professor & Head/ MBA
|Professor & Head/ IT
The tenure of IPR is two years. The IPRC shall function as per the guidelines.
- To create an awareness about IPR for faculties and students of the Institution.
- To impart training on future endeavor’s regarding patent filing processes, procedure of IPR, screen projects, make drafts and file patents to the competing authority.
- To conduct workshops, seminars and training course on IPR.
- To promote better understanding of IPR.
- To encourage faculty members and students to go patentable works.
- Frame and keep updated IPR Policy of the Institution.
- Communicate the IPR Policy to the various stakeholders and the Inventors of the Institution, students in general.
- Identify prospective inventions, innovations, Service improvement ideas and Copy rights.
- Study and recommend inventions etc for feasibility of converting to patents/Copy Rights.
- Compensate the Inventors with due reward for encouraging inventions.
- To promote technology advancements for improved quality of life and environment protection.